Sunday, May 6, 2012

Breakfast keeper (Day 30)

Does zucchini work in an omelet?  Only one way to find out.

(BTW, I'm prettying it up to call the dish as I cook it an omelet.  The IP call the protein package that, and Marv and Melissa certainly cook it that way.  Mad in a hurry as I always am, though, it turns into scrambled eggs pretty quick.)

The mushroom/green pepper omelet has become a morning routine, btw.  For some reason, in the morning I like to know what I am going to eat without any thought or planning.  I do at lunchtime too, actually.  Breakfast I have attained... lunch, not so easy.  That's the hardest meal of the three.

Anyway, I decided I wanted to mix the routine up a bit today, and thus found zucchini does work, quite nicely, at least as well as green pepper.

So:

IP Complaint Zucchini omelet

1 packet IP Plain Omelet
1 tsp olive oil
about 2 1/2 inches of an average-sized zucchini, finely diced
3 white mushrooms, finely diced
1 1/2 tbsp chopped pickled roasted red peppers
1 1/2 tsp chopped garlic
sea salt & fresh-ground black pepper to taste

Start sauteeing the zucch, shrooms and peppers in the oil.  Mix omelet package with 100 ml water plus salt, to have omelet prepared.  When veggies are close to done, add pepper and garlic.  Once the garlic is cooked, pour in the omelet mixture.  Cook as omelet or scrambled.  Serves one who likes looking at herself in the mirror.

Non-IP version, very simple: substitute two well-beaten eggs for the IP packet.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment