Friday, April 13, 2012

Results (Day Seven)

Today was my first weigh-in.

But before we get to that... another keeper!  This time using one of the IP protein-pack foods.

Karen's IP Plain Omelet with Mushrooms and Green Pepper

(All my recipes are for single servings, as you might have gathered; multiply them to serve more.)

1 packet Ideal Protein Plain Omelet
chopped white or brown mushrooms \
chopped green pepper                      /   totalling 1/4 cup
1/2 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
1 tsp chopped garlic
sea salt & pepper to taste

Saute the mushrooms and green pepper in the oil till lightly cooked in a small frying pan.  Add garlic and pepper and saute a little more, just enough to cook the garlic and activate the pepper.  Mix IP omelet in your shaker as per the instructions, adding salt.  If you can pull off an omelet, sprinkle the rosemary evenly around after you've poured the omelet mix into the pan and before folding over.  If you just scramble, as I do, just throw in the rosemary and scramble.

This recipe would work with eggs as well.  I switched from IP Cheese and Spice Omelet to Plain for two reasons: 1) that left me more free to spice it up my own way and 2) it's fewer grams of carbs, 3 as opposed to 7.  What I find is that the plain one is so similar to real beaten egg that with seasonings, it's hard to tell the difference.  Take a bow, Ideal Protein food designers.

I actually went to the weigh-in before I came up with this omelet, because I had to fast for the bloodwork, which I did on the same trip into town.  The lab opens up nice and early, so I took advantage of that.  The only hard part was being somewhat ditzy due to low blood sugar and lack of sleep.  I floated into Medispa early and made my best attempt to grok their recipe books, memorizing recipes because their recipe books are expensive as everything else, as I waited.  And then came... The Big Moment.

Baseline, remember, was 243 lbs.

Today the scale tipped at 231.

I was gobsmacked.  I knew I felt a little lighter on my feet; I knew also that I was wearing a ring on a finger where it hadn't fit last week.  I had tried not to have a figure in mind, to make a prediction, of how many pounds I'd shed... but I guess you can't help it.  I had expected to lose five... maybe eight.  I was afraid I'd fine it was all for nought and I'd lost hardly any, maybe two or three.  Twelve, I did not expect.

I know a lot of it is the water weight that always sloughs off at the outset of any diet.  I know that my tummy measurement did not change, though I lost an inch around the chest... though that sameness might be because my period is coming up, and I usually bloat somewhat, perhaps offsetting the loss.  I know I know.  I don't care.  I am triumphant.  It takes all the edge off the cravings, even though they were baddish again today, forcing me to wolf romaine lettuce.

I am ecstatic.  I knew this thing worked.  Now I really know, as only living something can make you know.

This was also the day we took my "before" picture.  "After" one coming once I've attained my 100-lb. goal.  So this isn't a true "before" pic, it's "before minus 12 lbs."... but at this weight it's not that much of a difference.  I purposely got her to take it in front of the shelf of IP foods.

April 13, 2012 - down 12 lbs.


--

No comments:

Post a Comment